eSports betting is the fastest growing form of sports betting with consistent year-on-year growth in availability, betting size and number of bets. If you want to get into betting today, eSports is a great place to start.
eSports from a betting perspective is slightly different to that of traditional sports betting. ESports are generally considered to be one overarching sport but is more comparable to the likes of the Olympics in that there are several disciples to bet on. In this case not actually sporting disciplines but different games played. Below is covered the most popular ESports betting titles to help you choose the right one for you to make your bets on.
- Dota 2 – The biggest eSports game available to date, with a whopping $225 million worth of prize pool. Created by Valve software in 2013, Dota 2 has taken North America and Europe by storm. If you would like to bet on an in-depth strategy game, Dota 2 is a great game for you.
- CS:GO – The king of the first-person shooter genre is CS:GO. Over $90 million in prize pools to date and an astonishing number of competitive tournaments. CS:GO is an easy-to-understand and fantastic skill based game for any potential bettor.
- Starcraft 2 – Blizzard entertainments biggest ESports title is the fantastic Starcraft 2. https://esportsbettingaustralia.com.au/starcraft-2/ is a real time strategy game comparable to the likes of Dota 2, the games remain considerably different at core level. Starcraft 2 took a lot more popularity in the Asian market and is one of the biggest betting games available in Asia. Unlike Dota, Starcrafts matches are usually fast paced, lasting no more than 15 minutes. If you have a good understanding of the game, this can be a great place to make some solid bets.
- FIFA – While not one of the biggest eSports betting titles, FIFA is a worthy mention for bettors who may not be familiar with other games mentioned. When betting on any eSports title, game knowledge is extremely important. Most people know football quite well, making FIFA a great choice for eSports betting.
When choosing an eSports title to bet on, there are a few important factors to take into consideration. Below are a few key points to help choose the right title for you.
- Game Knowledge – In all sports betting, knowledge of the game will be vital. eSports betting is no exception to this rule. Fortunately, there are games like Madden NFL and FIFA, which the average sports bettor can come to grips with very easily. Most first-person shooter games will be easy to come to grips with as well. When it comes to the real time strategy games, learning is best done hands on. With all of these games available on several platforms, learning the mechanics of a game is a simple as playing the game for yourself.
- Value – Some eSports titles are more popular than others, with more betting markets available will come more opportunity to find value. Finding value will be crucial to your betting win.